HOUSE AND ESTATE
The Great Hall was originally built in the first phase of construction of the house in 1583. Tree-ring dating has shown the wooden panelling to be original, with some panelling dating from the 1580s and some from the 1620s. The room, now used for events including evening lectures and conferences, had the wooden floorboards completely removed during the restoration, in order to lay electrical wiring and fireproofing. This process was carried out throughout the entire house.